Sunday, December 27, 2009

some major changes before the year ends


you all know that i moved to Singapore a few months back, and i have been in-active in my blogging life ever-since. guess i was busy, or was just too lazy to write on what's happening to mi la vida. my twitter, however, says otherwise. follow me as well @iandmac.

anyway, before i run-down what happened to me over the past months, i just would like to announce that i'll officially maintain ONLY my blogger account for my blogging. i just find it difficult to write here in my Multiply account and edit the one in blogger as well. and i think it's also the fact that after my official separation with my previous work last august, i am finding it a wee-bit cumbersome to manage this Multiply account. i will still use this to view photos, post comments, etc to my friends' accounts. yun lang po. (oh, Multiply, please don't close this account)

anyway, here's an attempt to re-count the events since i left my home in Makati.
  • landed in Sing last sept02
  • been living in my sister's flat since then. oh, i was literally crashing in the sofa-bed outside the sala.
  • joined the 10miler mizuno wave run 2009 last sept13
  • going to the gym, swimming, and running are my main activities. i do sleep, eat and watch my favorite US TV shows too
  • trying to swim regularly in the public pool across where i live, in an attempt to join a triathlon by 2011
  • met up for an afternoon-evening fun with Rex and Ron. i was their guide for a short while. pinalakad ko sila ng bonggang-bongga. sept21
  • felt helpless to know about the typhoon Ondoy, and flood waters rushing to our apartment in Makati. good thing bez Andrew lives nearby and helped my sister move our things to my room in the 2nd floor. thank God! sept26
  • out of countless emails to prospective employers (with well-edited email "cover letters", subject headings, etc) i was poised for an interview with a web company.
  • i think i aced the interview since two days after, i was offered the post. i was pretty lucky as well, since the post i was applying for was filled-in. my current-boss offered me this spot in the marketing/operations team, which he thought i was more fitting than sales. he guessed it right.
  • Ryan (Bacolod friend) came here for a weekend holiday! we went to Play. a popular bar in Tanjong Pagar, THE Malate of SG. my first encounter of the PLU community. oct05
  • processing my papers to start working in another country could be tiring! and i had my first, official HIV-test as a requirement for my work pass.
  • joined the nike human race 2009. oct25
  • first day at work. oct26
  • increasing my daily mileage (how do you call that if i log my runs in kilometers?) to 8-10km per run, 2-3x a week. i wanna do a half-marathon soon. then pro'ly a full-marathon before 2010 ends.
  • after less than a month, we moved office from boat quay to bugis junction towers. nov20
  • had a mishap with my bank account for payroll. thank God it was resolved quickly. my thoughts were to go back home in Bacolod. i cried that night in bed before sleeping. awwww. nov30
  • good friends and running buddies @outednarnian and @jamiedavinci were here for the Standard Chartered SG Marathon! they both joined the half-marathon (or 21K). dec04-07
  • fetch them both at Changi. @outednarnian stayed with me while @jamiedavinci stayed at Marina Mandarin with his Kuya. we met Allan Wu of Amazing Race Asia (picture above) at the Expo when they got their race packs. kainan, and gala to the extreme! @outednarnian and i went to the Sing National Museum. it was awesome! dec04-05
  • i was their yaya on the day of the run. i love them both. i didn't complain. dec06
  • felt sad when they flew back to Manila. dec07
  • built up my swimming endurance. proud to say that i can swim 5-7 laps (100m/lap) without stopping.
  • night-out with @mksurf8. went to Tantric and Taboo. dec11
  • got sick after two-weeks of less sleep. fatigued. no run/swim then. dec13.
  • first christmas party here in SG! i got an expandable rubbermaid food container. great baonan! and won a $10 takashimaya gc for being best-dressed for the holidays. dec18
  • the office is holiday-mode. less work! yay! dec21
  • caught up with Gibbs who's in SG for Christmas! dec24
  • my first christmas, overseas. a pleasant day -- mass, swam a good 18laps, watched avatar with my sis and bro-in-law. dec25
  • night out with Gibbs and his friends. i'm starting to like Tantric more. dec26
  • announcing that i'm officially moving my blog to Blogspot. dec28
And there you go, ladies and gentlemen, that's to the best of my knowledge. if you still want to follow my running tales and adventures (and my attempt to go tri soon!) do follow me on RainbowRunning.blogspot.com. or if you're into micro-blogging, i have a twitter account too, it's @iandmac.

take care. see you around.

5 comments:

  1. gurl, kalurkey ang post na ito. parang dear diary. LOL amishu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh kasi nawala nga akong sa ating kalakalan nang pag bl-blog. ayan. para malaman ng buong ka-maynilaan kung saan akong lupalop napunta. ha!ha!ha! take note of the pauses per laugh. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayan, nag-blog ka na ulet! at kalurkey nga, yearender summation talaga! gow, hehe. thanks for the company, i had great fun widja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! seeing you, gibbs, makes me want to be a better man/blogger. MEGANON! kelangan lang malaman nang buong mundo kung ano pinag-gagawa ako. hehe! i had fun, fun, fun as well! kita-kits ulet when i go home or when you're here. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

run with me some more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails