Friday, August 7, 2009

nike lunar glide review and my practice run on 08-aug-2009

i bought the nike lunar glides a few of days ago, where after two days of rain, i just had to break my new kicks. but that wasn't as fulfilling as running earlier today. i had my practice run for my kenny rogers urbanite run for 15kms, and "officially" breaking my nike lunar glides. is there an official/non-official session to break a shoe?

anyway, here it goes.

experience. i ran from home, then criss-crossing legaspi village. after the reaching makati ave, i i entered the ayala center then off to the overpass of ayala to mckinley road. that was already a good 9kms, fyi. mckinley road is another strip of around 2-kms, where i turned right after reaching lawton ave/5th ave. from there i went to mckinley hill then went back to mckinley road to finish my 15km run.

i felt some discomfort at the start, but after a 2km warm-up, i tightened my laces. it felt better afterwards.


pros.
  • i learned to love its techno blue-violet/stabilobos neon yellow green/medium gray color combo
  • i love the soft-bouncy ride when i'm running on asphalt
  • when i'm concrete, i feel i'm more cushioned compared to my air span+ 5. though i think the vomero does offer me the same cushion too.
  • i think i can run faster with this pair
cons.
  • just like my nike air span+ 5, i felt a blister developing in my left foot's arch near the ball of my foot. so this means i'm putting a few band aids in both areas of my left and right sole for protection. i might as well wrap a few toes too to avoid discomfort in the coming runs/races.
  • i feel some heat building up at the balls of my foot. i think there's some friction going on during my run.
  • i

there you go. i'll be posting more thoughts on my running over the next few days that i'm using this shoe.

just like run radio's slogan, "rock and run!". be their fan on FB.


No comments:

Post a Comment

run with me some more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails