Saturday, June 6, 2009

my mizuno infinity run 7-jun-2009

man, that was good! that's all i can say.

i thought i couldn't do it. i thought i'd give up after 10kilometers on my feet. i thought my shins would act up. but hey, i'm here and blogging about how i finished my 15K! :-)

my mind's in a ramble now. i'm directly writing what i'm thinking. so please pardon the lack of cohesiveness of my thoughts.

i actually started strong. but my thighs started to give up halfway through the race. i should take the thigh-track in body pump seriously now. i passed by senator pia cayetano at the start of the race. i tried to conserve the water in my belt by drinking at the water stations.i was so happy to see a gatorade station in front of rcbc tower in buendia. just as we were crossing south super highway, i zoomed passed coach rio who's pacing with big tycoon zobel de ayala. (i noticed he was wearing the nike vomero's that i really, really wanted. hey, it's loose change for him. hihi). after the turnaround point at bautista-buendia makati, they picked up their pace and passed by me. nyek. i thought it was my time to beat them. a little bit more i noticed ms tessa prieto valdez too! a little further, joining the 10km category, i saw miss jaja and cheza. no more familiar faces after that. but there was a big smile on my face. i was just really happy that i was on my way back.

i was around the 9th-km mark when i took an energy gel from my hydration belt. i hope it did help me in the ascend at the buendia flyover. and oh, before the run i took an energy gel, mixed with water for faster absorption (thanks for the tip, jojo!) and before i went to boni high street, i popped a couple of enervon-c capsulets and a couple of advils.

i finally saw the finish line! i just started to dash my way while shouting with joy! my time, based on what i saw, was one hour and twenty-three minutes (to be confirmed).

highlights:
  • seeing up-close the billboard of RnB Prince, JR, along EDSA with nothing but jacket and briefs. eeep! i was on my way back when i glanced at it quite longer than the usual glance. kahiya, lumalabas tuloy.
  • finally having a photo-op session after the race. thanks to cheza and ryan. we were posing at the finish line, behind the mizuno board, etc. i never had any race picture taken. maybe because i'm always alone in these running events. i will have to ask the photos from cheza and upload 'em here in a separate post.
  • someone at the gym recognized me and asked if i was the owner of this blog. oh wow! thank you again, i was really stupid not to ask for your name, fellow runner and gym-mate. i was actually quite surprised that you recognized me. thanks again! and do drop a comment here.
boo-hoos:
  • my nike+ kit zonked out. my ipod was working. it was more of the receiver acting up. hey! i thought that the mercury retrograde was over!

props to Narnian who also finished his first 15K earlier. i'm faster than you dude-pare-tsong-bro!

before i forget, a big shout-out to Him for blessing me with good health, supportive family and friends and a thumbs-up financial backing to get the gear that i need (sana gear that i want too!).


what's a great reward for a runner who's done a great run?



more running gear! i bought a no-show elite running cushioned socks after mass! yay! cheers to running!



























oh vomero's, i'm looking at you now. you're my next target!

No comments:

Post a Comment

run with me some more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails